Check Yes or No — I mean ‘Chex®’ Yes or No!!
If you check ‘Yes’ – enjoy this gluten free recipe!
Red, white and pink make a lovely Chex® mix, especially when it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Valentine Chex® Mix
9 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles
- Step 1: In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Step 2: Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Step 4: In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
VALENTINE GIFT IDEA:
And to make sweet treats for that special someone, look for decorated cellophane bags in craft or paper goods stores. Fill with this extra-special mix and tie with festive ribbons for a Valentine gift. Be sure to always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
We found this fun and easy recipe at BettyCrocker.com.