Strawberry-Sugar Biscuit TrifleWe found this sweet Southern Living recipe, and others at MyRecipes.com.
1. When berry season begins, visit Southern Belle Farm and hand pick only the freshest, ripest, juiciest strawberries right from the plant.
2. When ready to begin, wash off the fresh strawberries and allow to air dry.
- Sugar Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice, divided$
- 2 1/2 pounds strawberries, halved $
- Trifle Custard
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnishes: strawberries, mint leaves
- Cut Sugar Biscuits in half; brush cut sides evenly with 5 tablespoons orange liqueur.
- Line bottom of a 4-quart bowl or trifle bowl with eight Sugar Biscuit halves. Arrange strawberry halves around lower edge of bowl. Spoon one-third of Trifle Custard evenly over Sugar Biscuit halves; top with one-third of remaining strawberry halves. Repeat layers twice, ending with strawberry layer. Drizzle remaining orange liqueur evenly over top. Cover and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over trifle; serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Unless you want to bring us a slice of your dessert, share a picture of your strawberry creations with us on Facebook!