Come pick yourself a pumpkin from Southern Belle Farm’s patch, and bake some yummy Pumpkin Bread! Here’s a favorite Pumpkin Bread recipie.
PUMPKIN BREAD LOAF
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Put softened cheese, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Cream together well. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Mix in pumpkin.
- In another bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and walnuts. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour all at once over batter. Stir just enough to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60-70 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove to rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy and bring us a piece!! :)