No need to dirty up a bunch of dishes — this recipe will mix you up a devine berry cobbler in your slow cooker (aka Crock Pot).
Yes, you heard right. A cobbler in the slow cooker. Paula Deen style! We found this recipe online, and thought we’d share with all of you.
Slow Berry Cobbler Recipe
We’re demanding you use FRESH-PICKED berries from Southern Belle Farm, of course!
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen raspberries (We do not grow raspberries, but we recommend blackberries.)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on your level of preferred sweetness
- 1/2 cup baking mix
- 2 1/4 cups baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the fresh fruit, sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix. Transfer the fruit to the slow cooker. In another large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon. With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the slow cooker. Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.
Source: Find this recipe and others by famous Georgia cook, Paula Deen at FoodNetwork.com.