Easy Blackberry Cobbler cannot get any better when you use farm fresh ingredients!! Give this easy recipe a try with our plump summer berries! Southern Belle Farm is open to the public for berry picking during the summer. The farm located in McDonough, Ga – just south of Atlanta.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir together egg, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle melted butter over topping. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish with fresh mint sprig, if desired.
- For a neat presentation, bake for the same amount of time in 6 (8-oz.) ramekins on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
If you try this recipe – take a picture of your beautiful creation, or your family eating it and share it with us on Facebook! We love when you share your photos with us!