In preparation for Mother’s Day, we wanted to share with you a quick and easy pie recipe, using our fresh strawberries of course! This is one you can make ahead and keep in the freezer.
Cool Cool Berry Pie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 35 minutes
- 1 can (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust
- 1. In large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- 2. Stir in berries. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in crust.
- 3. Freeze at least 5 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes before cutting. Garnish as desired.
We found this delicious recipe online. Share your favorite berry recipe with us on Facebook!
Oh, wouldn’t you love to sink your teeth into this???
Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake, recently featured in Southern Living
We are in search of ‘THE BEST STRAWBERRY RECIPES’ around! Our delicious strawberries will be ripe in a few short weeks, and we want to be ready with some new tasty recipes. So we’re having a Strawberry Recipe Contest to welcome the start of our 2011 berry season!
We’d love for you to be apart – we would like for you to enter your BEST strawberry recipe. We will select our most favorite two recipes and those will be prize winners! Then, we will gladly share with all of our ‘Country Club Members’ our exclusive Strawberry Recipe Collection for Spring 2011! Your recipe will be shared with your fellow berry pickers and you will get many more great recipes to try for yourself this Spring with your fresh strawberries picked right here at Southern Belle Farm!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Submit to us via email to: club@SouthernBelleFarm.com with subject line: RECIPE.
- Your first & last name,
- The city in which you live,
- Your email address
- AND your best recipe using fresh strawberries!
2. All entries must be received by March 31, 2011 to be considered in contest!
We can’t wait to try the yummy recipes! We will announce the winners and share the collection sometime by the end of April (of course once the strawberries are ripe!) We’ve gotta have the main ingredient to try them all!
Be sure to keep a check back on our website and on Facebook for updates on when the berries are ripe and ready to be picked!
Come pick yourself a pumpkin from Southern Belle Farm’s patch, and bake some yummy Pumpkin Bread! Here’s a favorite Pumpkin Bread recipie.
PUMPKIN BREAD LOAF
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Put softened cheese, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Cream together well. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Mix in pumpkin.
- In another bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and walnuts. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour all at once over batter. Stir just enough to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60-70 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove to rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy and bring us a piece!! :)