Strawberry-Sugar Biscuit Trifle
We found this sweet Southern Living recipe, and others at MyRecipes.com.
1. When berry season begins, visit Southern Belle Farm and hand pick only the freshest, ripest, juiciest strawberries right from the plant.
2. When ready to begin, wash off the fresh strawberries and allow to air dry.
- Sugar Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice, divided$
- 2 1/2 pounds strawberries, halved $
- Trifle Custard
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnishes: strawberries, mint leaves
- Cut Sugar Biscuits in half; brush cut sides evenly with 5 tablespoons orange liqueur.
- Line bottom of a 4-quart bowl or trifle bowl with eight Sugar Biscuit halves. Arrange strawberry halves around lower edge of bowl. Spoon one-third of Trifle Custard evenly over Sugar Biscuit halves; top with one-third of remaining strawberry halves. Repeat layers twice, ending with strawberry layer. Drizzle remaining orange liqueur evenly over top. Cover and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over trifle; serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Unless you want to bring us a slice of your dessert, share a picture of your strawberry creations with us on Facebook!
Slow down this holiday season to enjoy time with family & friends. Turn on some Christmas tunes, and have fun baking & decorating with the kids! Here’s a fun activity the whole family can enjoy!
Christmas Cookie Ornament Recipe
by Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- Assorted liquid or paste food coloring
9 yards of 1/8-inch-wide ribbon in Christmas colors of your choice
Christmas cookie cutters or sizes of your choice
- In a bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in the honey, egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour and salt.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll to an 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters dipped in flour. Transfer cutouts to ungreased baking sheets.
- Using a straw, make a hole in the top of each cookie. Remove the center circle of dough. Bake the cookies at 350° for 6 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners’ sugar, water, corn syrup and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Tint the frosting with liquid or paste food coloring in desired colors.
- Place each color of frosting in a pastry or plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the tip of each bag. Spread and pipe frosting onto cookies as desired.
- If desired, create stitch marks on a stocking or veins on holly leaves by dipping a toothpick in food coloring and painting on the lines.
- For hanging loops, cut forty 8-in. strips of 1/8-in.-wide ribbon. Thread a ribbon strip through the hole in each cookie and tie the ends into a bow.
- Yield: 40(3-inch) cookies.
- Crafter thoughts: —To help give your frosting a smooth look, work quickly when spreading it on the cookies. —Write a name on each treat by painting the letters with a toothpick dipped in food coloring or by piping them using plain or tinted frosting. Then serve the cookies after a holiday meal.
Source: We found this fun activity for kids by Taste of Home
Find this recipe and others on their website www.TasteofHome.com.
Southern Sweets from MiMi's Kitchen at Southern Belle Farm
No need to fret about what you will bring to your holiday gatherings … MiMi’s Kitchen has some southern sweets that will suit any tastebuds.
The oven in MiMi’s Kitchen stays hot this time of year – baking lots and lots of holiday goodies, and she’s sure to have something for you! There are multiple layer cakes to choose from, such as Mrs. Kathy’s famous Caramel Cake, Red Velvet Cake, not to mention homemade fudge and so much more!
The holidays are such a busy time of year – so we’ve made it easy for you to pre-order your holiday sweets so you don’t have to worry with baking something yourself!
Just give us a call for your southern sweets this holiday season – 770.288.2582.